4.02.2008

updates on my work, part 1

sooooo, since it's been about forever since I've posted, I've decided to do a series of posts of my work, to document and explain, and well, just get it on out there! Comments, questions, and critiques are all appreciated. I'll start with myfall work in information design.
As a class, we were given the topic of energy to explain through information graphics. We started by researching everything we could about energy- facts about coal, nuclear energy, solar power, wind power, hydroelectric power, and overall energy cons
umption were collected and poured over. Of course, the thing about energy that interested me the most was the part least talked about- the delivery of energy. Of course, I was in LA for rolling blackouts, so maybe that had something to do with it. Everyone was talking about how energy was produced, and how energy was used, and not thinking about what came in between. So the following was my attempt to explain that in-between stuff in the space of three magazine spreads...




So, there are some things about this that I'm happy with, and some that I'm not so happy with. And apparently, this is a consensus, as I was listed as a finalist in the Eyebeam Eco-Vis Challenge. 

Next up: political posters, without politicians.

No comments: